Resources from SAIIC
Use this order form to order these resources.
Abya Yala News - A bi-annual journal which presents a unique source of news and analysis relating to Indigenous issues in Meso and South America from Indigenous peoples' perspectives. Available in English or Spanish; free with $25 individual SAIIC membership, $15/yr (2 issues) for low-income, $25 for social justice groups, $40 for institutions. (Back issues available in both Spanish and English for $3 each)
- Available in English and Spanish! Indigenous Peoples and Biodiversity, a look at biodiversity, bioprospection, intellectual property rights, and other issues.
- Daughters of Abya Yala - A collection of testimonies of Indian women organizing throughout the Continent. This book includes resolutions from Indigenous women's meetings, a directory of Indian women's organizations and key contacts. $8 + $1.50 shipping. (The first edition is also available for $6 + $1.50 shipping.)
- International Directory and Resource Guide - An annotated directory of over 600 international organizations that participated in 500 Years of Resistance projects. Includes declarations from Indigenous conferences and organizations and information on curriculum resources, speakers bureaus, computer networks, audio-visual resources and print resources. $5 + $1.75 shipping.
- Amazonia: Voices from the Rainforest - A resource and action guide with a comprehensive listing of international rainforest and Amazonia Indian organizations sponsored by SAIIC and the International Rivers Network. Published by Rainforest Action Network and Amazonia Film Project, 1990. Available in Spanish or English. $4.50 + $1.75 shipping.
- The Temoaya Declaration - A Report of the Second Continental Meeting of Indigenous Nations and Organizations held in Temoaya, Mexico, October 1993. Available in Spanish or English. $price? + $price? shipping.
- Columbus: His Enterprise - By Hans Koning, 1990. A beautifully-written and historically accurate portrayal of Columbus' life and voyages. $8.95 + $1.75 shipping.
- Columbus in the Bay of Pigs - By John Curl, 1991. An epic history-poem with graphics depicting the invasion of 1492 and its consequences for Indian peoples of the Americas. $4.95 + $1.75 shipping.
- Rethinking Columbus - A special issue of Rethinking Schools on teaching about the 500th anniversary of Columbusí arrival in America. $4 + $1 shipping.
- A Skirt Full of Butterflies - 15 minutes. A love poem to the Isthmus Zapotec women of southern Oaxaca, Mexico, by filmmakers Ellen Osborne and Maureen Gosling. For every purchase made, a second copy will be sent to an Indigenous womenís organization as a gift. $19.95 + $3 shipping.
- Columbus Didnít Discover Us - 24 minutes. Native peopleís perspective on the Columbus Quincentennial based on the footage of the 1990 Quito Conference. A co-production of SAIIC, CONAIE, ONIC and Turning Tides Productions. Available in Spanish or English. $19.95 + $1.75 shipping.
- Rebuilding Our Communities - Indigenous leaders from Central and South America discuss the 500-years campaign, which began as an Indian response to the Quincentenary celebration and has developed as an ongoing dialogue among indigenous activists. Produced by SAIIC. $18 + $1.75 shipping.
- 500 Years of Resistance$5 + shipping.
You may order these resources from:
South and Meso American Indian Rights Center (SAIIC)
P.O. Box 7829
Oakland, CA 94601
(510) 534 4882 (Administration Office)
(510) 834 4263 (Abya Yala News)
(510) 834 4264 Fax