Volunteers and interns needed!
Assist in supporting Indigenous peoples in Mexico,
Central, and South America. If you want to learn about the Indigenous
movement in South and/or Meso America while working with a Bay Area
non-profit organization, then call us today.
Current opportunities include:
- Work on the SAIIC publication, Abya Yala
- Editing/writing for Abya Yala News
- Translating for SAIIC's journal Abya Yala News
(English/Spanish, Spanish/English, Portuguese/English,
- Coordinating journal exchanges for Abya Yala
News and Noticas de Abya Yala, the Spanish version
Other assorted work includes:
- Writing email updates for the SAIIC
- Writing and sending Urgent Action Reports on
human rights abuses
- Responding to requests for information
- Assisting with bulk-mailings
- Upkeep and inventory of book, video, and photo
- Gathering information about upcoming
- Arranging and monitoring tables at public
- Filing and organizing periodical library and
other incoming information
- Assorted translating
Volunteer and intern opportunities are not limited
to those above. Let us know your skills, experience, strengths,
talents, background, and ideas and we'll assess how they can best be
used. Hours are flexible.
If you're interested in volunteering or being an
intern, contact SAIIC at
(510) 834 - 4263, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.